- 1/2 cup home made fruit vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 1 table spoon of sea salt
- 1 table spoon chilly flacks
- 1 teaspoon of ground Tasmanian Pepper leaves (Tasmannia lanceolata )
- 1/2 ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- however many cucumbers fit into your jar
Put all the salt and spices into bowl and pour 1/2 the water (Hot!!) over them to release aromas and stir until salt is dissolved. Then cool add rest of water and vinegars, you could boil this if you are worried about impurities but my vinegars are alive so I don’t, pour this yummy liquid over your cucumbers that you have shoved lovingly of course in a big jar I let mine sit on counter for a week or so then put in the fridge.
Now I know not everyone will be able to get a hold of Tassie Pepper leaves it isn’t as available as the pepper berries yet so if you can get the berries use them this will of course change the flavor to mine here but I’m sure would still be fantastic, I don’t have any to play with unfortunately and I know they would make the liquid a vivid pink too they would look pretty special.
Well enjoy 🙂