So I decided alcohol was to expensive to buy to make tinctures for medicines and I like making everything from scratch anyway and I had made heaps of fruit vinegars so I looked in to using vinegar to make medicine, I soaked a heap of wild foraged & home grown herbs/weeds and I have now strained it all, in this picture you can see the difference in coloration and I can tell you it is powerful much stronger than I expected and so far no colds this winter not that I ever really get colds but a coupler times I started to get a sore throat and I added this to my drinks, this my herbal teas and my herbal honey did the trick. Plus it makes a great hair tonic too.
I put the below ingredients into a crock and covered it all with home made fruit vinegar (red berries) and then I weighed the herbs down with peddles and I let this sit for a few months in a dark cupboard, stirring and repacking every now and then.
- 3 cups dried Mullein leaf (Verbascum thapsus)
- 2 cup dried mullein root (Verbascum thapsus)
- 1 cup dried Rosmary
- 2 big knobs of Ginger
- 2 cups Pinus radiatus needles
- 1/2 cup white Willow (Salix alba) sticks
- 1/2 cup dried Tasmanian Sassafras (Atherosperma moschatum) branches with leaves
- 1/2 Hops
- and a few drops of eucalyptus & tea tree oil.
below is the result.